If you watch TV or listen to radio, you can’t miss the ubiquitous advertisements for tax relief companies. But can you trust any of these companies? As veterans of the tax relief industry, we came up with eight reasons why you might want avoid some, if not most, of them.
We recently came across this list and thought it appropriate to include why choosing Palma Financial Services, Inc. for tax relief is a choice you will be happy with.
Let’s address this list first and then delve into what we can do for you.
- Ridiculous fees. If a tax resolution company is going to charge you $3,000 or more for representation, you deserve the red carpet treatment. You should have direct access to your licensed tax professional and/or have the customer service rep who does your up-front analysis to be with you to the end. (If you’re interested, we wrote more about what $4,000 of tax resolution should buy you.) Palma Tax Relief Solution: We will consult with you first and find the right personalized solution for your IRS tax relief. We will be clear and transparent as we work with you. There will be no hidden costs with us.
- Investigation or research fees that don’t provide useful info. If you are going to have your IRS record researched by a “tax relief” company for a $495 down payment, you deserve to get good information from the investigation like finding out when your taxes will expire or where you truly stand in the collection process. This “retainer” shouldn’t be just a clever prelude to a higher fee or a fabricated call-to-action. Palma Tax Relief Solution: We keep you informed and handle the details that remove the stress from having the IRS hound you over fines—costs that we will likely be able to reduce.
- Continuation fees. Many tax resolution companies have a tendency to whack you with new fees once you’re on board with them, figuring you’re more or less locked in. (We wrote more about this phenomenon too, about why reopening fees are problematic.) Palma Tax Relief Solution: Transparency is what we provide. There will be no hidden fees when you choose Palma Financial Services, Inc.
- Bad advice. Plainly and simply, many tax resolution companies will advise you to do the wrong thing. Here’s an example where a “professional” botches a tax case. Palma Tax Relief Solution: We have CPA, PFS, AICPA, CGMA Designations which means you are obtaining the right professional advice that can save you from costly mistakes made by less qualified tax relief profit oriented mills.
- Dishonest advice, i.e. lying. The oldest trick in the tax resolution sales book is to tell someone that they’ll qualify for an Offer in Compromise to settle their tax debt when they clearly do not qualify. It’s human nature: people just love to hear that they will settle their debts—just like in the commercials! Shady salespeople love to scratch this itch for profit. Palma Tax Relief Solution: Our fiduciary responsibility to you is of the utmost importance to our firm. By investing with us you can rest assured that we will work tirelessly with you to design a tax and financial strategy that is customized for your particular situation. Learn about us.
- Misstating urgency and scare tactics. Tax resolution sales people and telemarketers harass those with tax liens, they’re notorious for telling you that the sky is falling if you don’t hire them immediately. “Your case has reached ‘Elevated Status!” barks one company to its prospective clients, cold calling tax liens. Tax relief companies will often manipulate your emotions to make the sale. There’s no reason to fake urgency. An honest tax professional should lay out all of the options for you without emotion or scare tactics. Palma Tax Relief Solution: “Miguel and his team are fantastic!!! I’m extremely picky on who handles my personal finances/taxes and I am so grateful to have found such an amazing team. I highly recommend!!” ~ Client
- Employee turnover. Whether big or small, tax resolution companies are notorious for having high employee turnover. As many of the companies are reliant on “salespeople,” employees who can’t sell enough cases are fired. Hence, your case keeps getting handed off from representative to representative. In these environments, the institutional memory of your case can deteriorate fairly easily. Palma Tax Relief Solution: Since 1998, we have successfully led the tax planning strategies and tax minimization solutions for families, entrepreneurs, investors and more in Dublin, CA, the Greater East Bay, Silicon Valley and beyond. Our team of specialists customize the best solutions for each individual client— we are not just another tax mill solution.
- Going out of business. Running an effective tax resolution business requires a unique blend of great customer service with excellent marketing. Take one of those two elements away and you’re out of business! We’ve documented over 100 companies that have gone out of business in the last couple of years. Palma Tax Relief Solution: “Miguel Palma is a thorough financial expert with DECADES of experience in working for businesses, business owners, and individuals.” ~ Client
Why Choose Palma Tax Relief
There are other tax relief agencies out there that claim to provide answers and results, but many just add more problems along the way. We’ve been helping people just like you overcome delinquencies, garnishments, liens, levies and more, for more than 20 years—and we can do the same for you.
The IRS is a financial juggernaut that doesn’t care about the people behind the financial struggles; they simply want their money. At Palma Financial we help shield our clients from this overbearing government agency to help them overcome financial hurdles and stressful times with years of hands-on tax experience!
Palma Financial is awesome! I was in a tough situation with the IRS …I gave Palma Financial power of attorney to help me analyze my current condition and Miguel gave me a plan to get back on the right track. Now I have piece of mind and can sleep better at night. THANK YOU PALMA FINANCIAL! I recommend anyone that needs help with taxes to go to Palma Financial and see Miguel & Marleen!
I was very impressed with the service I received at Palma Financial Services, Miguel is a very insightful man. You have heard about people having issues with their taxes, or being afraid they will have to pay so much they might go broke. This is why you come to a professional, who helps you with a strategy. This is a good place, to get that stress off your back… Highly recommended!
Don’t go through another sleepless night fretting over that last IRS letter. Don’t waste time and more money with tax relief mills that are focused only on their own profits. We are a family oriented firm and are here to help restore you to financial health.
Choose Palma Financial Services, Inc. and see why others happily pick us for tax relief solutions.
CALL: (925) 307-5454
We will sit down with you to determine where you’re at financially, what the IRS claims they need from you, and what we can do to help!
We will get to work solving your tax problems with minimal input or effort on your end. Regular updates and direction will be provided to help you further along your path.