College Planning Presentation
10:00am: English presentation
2:00pm: Spanish presentation
Velasquez Tax Services
751 Belmont Way
Pinole, CA 94564
- Funding with as little out-of-pocket money as possible
- Planning early
- Staying organized
- Managing funds
- Getting into the college your child desires
College Planning Process
For many parents, sending their children to the right college is a long held expectation. Therefore, it is important to start your college planning process at an early stage to stay organized so that you can manage to get into a college that your child desires. After all getting into the right college will have significant implications on building their personality and achieving their career paths. With the help of the right college planning team, you will be prepared and inspired to choose the perfect college for your children. Here are a few ways through which college planning experts may guide your child at every stage of their college planning process. From financial aid planning, college scholarship to college grants they will prepare everything for you.
Student Portfolio Development & Assessment
- Personalized Student Assessment
- Matchmaker Assessment based on your specific likes/dislikes to find careers, majors & studies that match up with your interests.
- Innovative College Search Based On Demographics & Personalized Areas of Importance
- Skills Assessment to help determine if you have the skills necessary for careers that matches your interests and what you need to do to improve your skillset.
- Learning Styles Inventory to discover how you learn/retain information & find tips on how to improve your study habits to best suit your particular learning style.
Personalized Private Student Interview
- Personal one-on-one mentoring session with a NACAC certified college counselor — many who were previous admission officers at major universities across the country
- Written report will be provided to the parent & advisor along with a summary of the Interview & recommendations for the student
My SET for College Solution 4+4 Roadmap for Success which maps out what needs to be done each year starting from Freshman Year of High School throughout Senior Year of College
Follow-Up Personalized Private Student Interview
- This 2nd private interview mentoring session can be used as a college admission mock interview and/or for more guidance on developing the criteria for building the optimal school list for your unique, specific situation.
SET For College: SAT Prep Course
- This SAT Prep Course has eliminated the ‘filler’ of most SAT Prep Courses and just focuses on the most essential key strategies of how to ace the SAT! (practice workbooks are provided to follow along with the videos)
- In addition to the SAT Prep Course, you’ll also have access to Method Test Prep which provides evaluation tests that show students how well they may perform on each section of a test based on a smaller sample of questions. In addition, easy-to-follow guidelines are given to help create a study plan along with a Vocabulary Builder to help strengthen a student’s vocabulary (thus enabling a better understanding of material presented in the tests)
SET For College: ACT Prep Course
- This ACT Prep Course will give you the treasure chest of tips and strategies on how to master the ACT! (practice workbooks are provided to follow along with the videos)
- In addition to the ACT Prep Course, you’ll also have access to Method Test Prep which provides evaluation tests that show students how well they may perform on each section of a test based on a smaller sample of questions. In addition, easy-to-follow guidelines are given to help create a study plan along with a Vocabulary Builder to help strengthen a student’s vocabulary (thus enabling a better understanding of material presented in the tests)
Personalized College Scholarship Eligibility Report
- Provide student with a personalized school specific list of scholarships and eligibility requirements so they know which merit-based college scholarships they may be eligible for
- This report, used in conjunction with our proprietary SAT/ACT courses, can be worth tens of thousands of dollars in additional merit-based aid.
Admission Application Review
- Our very own in-house Admission Consultants will review up to 5 Admission Applications for your student to make sure everything is the way it should be.
Admission Essay Review
- Our very own Private NACAC Counselor will review, edit & critique up to 5 essays for your student
- These essays are an essential part of the college admissions process and often times, are the student’s only real chance to shine!
In-Depth Personalized Chances Of Enrollment Analysis Report
- Over 7,000 colleges to choose from our database
- We combine our admissions expertise with advanced statistical analysis to give you your probability of admission at the colleges you are considering. Knowing whether you have an 83% chance of getting into a college or a 35% chance enables you to make the best and most informed application decisions.
Student/Parent Q&A Interview With Your Private NACAC Counselor
- Here is where both the student and the parents can ask any follow-up questions you may have about schools, admissions, applications, things you need to be doing right now, etc…
Access To All RightFit Group Coaching Expert Sessions and All Corresponding Coaching Documents/Toolkits
These expert sessions & corresponding documents/toolkits are strategically planned throughout the years for your family. They will learn how to ask the ‘right’ questions when visiting campuses, what to look for at the visit and determining how many colleges is the ‘right’ number. They’ll help identify your student’s strengths, manage your college plan, develop every viable option when creating a school list, discover how to really find the ‘perfect’ school, and much, much more.
- They’ll also continue throughout the college years by assisting your student develop goals throughout college and maintain accountability, discover how to land the ‘right’ internship and learn how to build a resume and other career placement strategies.
Individual Personalized SAT/ACT Study Plan
Additional One-on-One Private Coaching Sessions
- The SAT/ACT Coach
- to coach on best study methods for these tests and how to decipher whether or not your student should retake the SAT or the ACT.
- The Essay Coach
- to coach your student and explore strategic ways to maximize student’s “hook”… to help them really “figure out” the essay and make sure it says what the student is trying to say.
- to review and critique an 3 essays for your student & provide insider insight as to how to make your student stand out to a college admissions committee.
- The Interview Coach
- to coach your student on creating confidence in executing a well thought-out and narrated perspective during a live interview situation.
- The Career Coach
- to coach your student on building the perfect resume and other career placement strategies to attempt to increase their chances of getting a job in their chosen field upon college graduation.
- The College Internship Coach
- to coach your student on how to land the ‘right’ internship to put them on the fast track to getting a job in their chosen field upon college graduation.
- The Student Resume Coach
- to coach your student on how to build a ‘brag sheet’ & how to develop a list of activities that ‘matter’.. To consult on insider ways to get great letters of recommendation from your ideal references and coach them so that the letters match the student’s stated college goals & aspirations.
- The Application Coach
- to coach your student on the admission application and review it for errors, omissions or inconsistencies that could hinder their chances of admissions. To also determine which admission decision makes sense based on your student’s specific needs.
- The Undergrad Accountability Coach
- to ensure your student is staying on track, keeping their grades up, taking the right classes and otherwise, holding them accountable to doing what they should be doing throughout college.
Myers-Briggs Career Assessment and Consultation
- Helps client find promising occupations to explore
- Explains how an individual’s MBTI® preferences affect what he or she likes in a career
- Lists the most and least popular occupations for client’s type
College Funding Strategies:
- Calculate Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
- Provide Planning Recommendations To Reduce EFC
- Provide Financial Aid Award Estimates For An Unlimited Number of Schools, & Recommend Additional Schools To Be Considered
- Provide Recommendations For The Best Way To Pay Your Share Of College Costs
- Provide Cost-Efficient Borrowing Strategies To Help Keep Financial Goals In Line, Along With Cash Flow Strategies for College Years & Beyond
- Provide Complete Financial Overview On College, Cash Flow, Retirement & Develop A Plan To Improve Each Area
- Provide Strategies That Legally Protect Your Savings & Retirement Accounts From The Financial Aid Formulas
- Provide Strategies On How To Possibly Use Your Home Equity So That It Helps, Rather Than Hurts, In The Financial Aid Formulas
Financial Aid Data Gathering & Processing:
- College Planning Checklist/Roadmap With All Timelines & Deadlines That Is Updated Electronically & E-Mailed Every Time Something Is Completed and/or Missing
- Free Bonus – Complete Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Register and Complete The CSS PROFILE
- Complete Any Additional Forms Required By The Individual Schools Upon Request
- Make Any Necessary Adjustments To The SAR
- Advise and Counsel on Stafford and PLUS Loan Applications
- Provide Protection From Being Overlooked For Grants, Scholarships Or Loans Due To Mistakes In Your Financial Aid Forms
- Access To The Loan Analyzer Expert Session
- Access To The Financial Aid Boot Camp Expert Session
- Customized Report That Professionally Evaluates Financial Aid Award Offers
- Provide Proven Appeal Letters to Negotiate for Additional Financial Aid At One Or More Colleges
- Access To The Award Letter Evaluator Expert Session
- Access To The Award Package Negotiator Expert Session
Value Added Services:
- Provide Easy-To-Use Parent & Student Manuals
- Provide a Monthly E-Letter To Parents & Students To Keep Them Updated On Everything They Need To Be Aware Of Along The Way With A Weekly College Funding “Tip of the Week”
- Automatic E-Mails Submitted Monthly To Both Parents & Students On What They Need To Be Doing That Month To Maximize Their College Admissions And Financial Aid Results
- Personalized Financial Aid FAQ along with numerous other miscellaneous helpful resources developed by industry experts
- Interactive Online Page For Each Parent / Student
- Provide Feedback On Specific Colleges
- Unlimited Support For Parents & Students
- Bonus Item: Copy Of Our “Student Handbook For Success”
- Bonus Item: Copy Of Our “College Admissions Boot Camp Handbook”
- A One-Stop Shop to Always Have Your Questions Answered With Personalized Contact
- Provide “Peace of Mind”