Plant Foods That Add Energy
Living a plant-based lifestyle is one of the most dynamic things you can do for your health and the well-being of animals everywhere. Its widely known that eating a plant-based diet is fitter for the environment too.
There are numerous benefits you may experience even within the first week of eating a plant-based diet including:
- Better digestion
- Improved sleep
- A happier outlook
- Balanced blood sugar
- Glowing skin
- Less inflammation
- More energy
Ah, more ENERGY! The one thing that almost everyone seems to complain they dont have enough of. Well, in todays busy world with the added stress of work and family life as well as diet, no wonder this is one of the leading complaints. Its important to understand that all cells in our body are responsible for producing energy. For this reason, they must be fed the nutrients and oxygen they need or you will feel tired all the time. Whats the most powerful tool? A healthy plant-based diet that keeps your cells producing energy all day long.
Plant foods are much easier for your body to digest because they require less energy vs. animal products. They are alive and full of nutrients your body will use to detoxify and rejuvenate. An essential component of this is water. The water content in plant-based foods hydrate your body and provide your cells with lots of oxygen.
Here is a list of 10 powerful plant foods to keep you feeling alive and energetic all day long:
- Hemp seeds:Contain omega fats and provide long sustaining energy.
- Chia seeds:Loaded with fiber and bulk up when soaked.
- Kale:Loaded with protein, magnesium and its alkaline-forming.
- Asparagus:High in B vitamins, which support healthy energy levels by turning food into fuel.
- Sea veggies:Provide natural sodium to the diet.
- Lemons:Packed with electrolytes, which are critical for cells to produce energy.
- Quinoa:Contains all essential amino acids.
- Cacao:One of natures richest sources of magnesium, which plays a key role in converting sugar to energy.
- Goji berries:A natural source of antioxidants, protein and fiber.
- Raw sauerkraut:Fermented cabbage is high in probiotics, which helps your gut digest foods more efficiently. Less energy required to digest equal more energy you are left with.
Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease
One of our favorite quotes comes from the book, “Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease” by Dr. Esselstyn:
You may not eat anything with a mother or face (no meat, poultry or fish)
Look for more health tips coming your way as well as recommended partners who can assist in our journey to feeling better. Health Planning after all is the first step in Retirement Planning, Tax Planning, Business Planning, College Planning and Wealth Building.
Good planning begins with a healthy body and mind.
Our loved ones depend on us and Palma Financial Services, Inc. believes in showing our appreciation by keeping our clients informed on health related matters.